- Soak your diamond ring in a warm solution of mild liquid detergent and a splash of ammonia and water.
- Use a soft brush if necessary to remove dirt.
- Swish the ring around in the solution, then rinse well with warm water.
- Dry ring with a lint-free cloth (or blow-dryer if you’re in a hurry).
(Pearls will stay cleaner if you put them on after applying makeup and perfume.)
- Wipe pearls with a soft, lint-free cloth as soon as you take them off.
- Dirty pearls can be cleaned with a mild soap (Ivory Flakes) and water solution.
- Note: Pearls should be re-strung every 3-5 years depending on how often you wear them.
- Soak gemstones in water with a touch of gentle soap. If necessary, use a soft toothbrush to scrub behind the stone.
- Rubies, sapphires and other single-crystal gems can be cleaned with a touch of ammonia in water to remove all films and to add extra sparkle.
- Opaque gemstones like opals, lapis lazuli, turquoise and malachite require special care. These gem materials should just be wiped clean gently with a moist cloth.
How to Clean Your Diamond Ring