This is our area of expertise because we actually create engagement rings, wedding rings and custom jewelry in-house. From initial design concept to the expertly crafted finished piece, each piece is as unique as the story behind it. We have decades of experience and truly talented designers and artisans that love every phase of jewelry design.
It's what we love to do...
The best part of the day is sitting down with customers and collaborating in an imaginative process to create something beautiful, meaningful and highly functional. Our years of experience enable us to bring a vast array of techniques and processes to the forefront, but it is our communication skills that are the most important. We listen, and we guide with sensitivity to each person’s style and aspirations.
Chrysoprase Chalcedony Pendant
This lovely Green Chalcedony is called Chrysoprase. We used our signature laser welding approach here to make a light and delicate setting while adding a hint of pattern to the design. The yellow gold complements the light green color of this gemstone beautifully.
Orange Garnet Pendant
This fiery Orange Garnet Pendant began with a simple concept. The rich orange gemstone is surrounded by diamonds in a balanced starburst design, suspended by a delicate diamond bail on a tri-chain necklace. As with all of our custom jewelry, we begin with a concept and sketch, keeping the gemstone’s unique qualities in mind for the final design.
Grey Chalcedony And Diamond Ring
This gorgeous Gray-blue Chalcedony has a smooth, elegant quality. We designed a white gold ring with diamond accents along with the band, using a smooth setting to encase the gemstone. It’s an art form and a testament to our talented craftsmen/women to create a piece that showcases the gemstone in a way that is balanced and stands the test of time.
Opal and Diamond Pendant with Necklace
There’s nothing like the fluorescent and iridescent quality of opals. They seem to be alive with color, interacting with the light constantly with specs of green and yellow visible within the gemstone. We created this opal pendant with diamond accents along the side, keeping most of the surface of the gemstone visible using yellow gold to bring out the golden quality of this beautiful gemstone.
Step by Step...
- We usually begin the process with a meeting in which we will make hand-sketches and establish our goals and budget.
- Next, we will make CAD drawings and illustrations for review and approval. These illustrations allow us to show you a remarkably lifelike rendering of what the piece will ultimately look like. The beauty of this communication tool is that what you see is exactly what you get!
- Once the images have been approved we make a “wax” model for you to see the design in 3D. Again, the wax model is an exact replica of the finished product, and in fact, will ultimately BE the final piece by way of the lost wax casting process (see How to Make a Ring.)
- After the project is in metal we will usually do a fitting (unless it's a surprise) as well as confirm final approval before the stones are set, engraving is (sometimes) added, and the ring is completed.
- We quality control every piece to be sure it is perfect and appraise all projects over $1,000 for insurance purposes. Everything we make is guaranteed to last and to bring years of delight!
At every step of the process, we encourage you to express opinions and be involved in the process. We want each project to reflect your own personal style and taste and strive for each and every client to be absolutely delighted with the final product.
Let's get started
Collaborate with our designers to create a custom jewelry design. We love making jewelry but it's our communication skills that are the most important. We listen, and guide with sensitivity to your style and personality.